We’ve included some ideas for topics below, as a bit of inspiration. This is just food for thought, not an exhaustive list: if you have a subject you want to share at WordCamp that we haven’t mentioned, please submit it anyway!
- How to use WordPress: As a user of WP, what works for you? What tips do you have to share that might help others? How do you choose themes, or plugins? How do you manage a team of editors? What makes your site stand out from the pack?
- Design: How do you make a beautiful and effective website? What does “responsive” mean, in theory and in practice? How do you manage your design workflow? What does it mean for a site to be usable? How awful are those auto-scrolling banner sliders?
- Development: How does this all work under the hood? How do you write your own themes or plugins? Why is your site slow, and what can you do about it? What is an object, and why is so much code oriented towards them? What is a unit test? Should you version your code? (yes.) How can WP be integrated with other systems? How did you make something the likes of which have never been seen before using WP?
- Community: How can you build a forum or website with WordPress? How can you contribute to WordPress itself? What types of contribution can you make if you don’t code? How do you get involved in your local community, whether you’re a designer, writer, photographer or coder? How do you participate in the online open source community?
- Business, Marketing & Freelance: How do you use WordPress to run your company? How can you build a business around making websites? How did you grow and prosper as a freelance developer? What is SEO, and why does it matter? How should you price your web design work? What do you wish you’d known about working with a distributed team?
- The web is constantly evolving, and niche, novel, or notable projects and solutions always make for interesting stories. What projects or experience do you have to share that we didn’t cover here?
Inspired? Apply to speak now!
Is there something specific you want to see at WordCamp? Leave a comment & maybe someone will pick it up 🙂